Thursday 30 May 2013

A Special Announcement from KP

If I may have your attention for a moment...
 
We have lost members of this community to the scourge of cancer, as we discussed recently - as I said at the time, I have lost a sister-in-law and my oldest niece to cancer, and my wife was treated for breast cancer.  I have been wondering for some time about doing something to raise funds for a group called Macmillan Nurses, who provide support in the UK for cancer patients and their family.
 
The problem is, I'm a writer, and unlike MCH and the others I do this as a hobby, and sell a few eBooks on the side.  I had therefore decided the time was right to pull together the stories of one of my characters, Madame X, and sell that to try and raise a few pounds.
 
I'm still going to do that, but I received word today that my mother has been diagnosed with anal cancer, and I think the time has come to start raising funds now.
 
So, for the next three months, I'm going to try and do a bit of fundraising on my own, as follows.
 
A) I have six books available thorugh Lulu, iBooks and The Nook - you can read about them at http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/KPPresents  Any and all funds from any sales of those books will go to Macmillan nurses
 
B)  One of the books, Diamond Lights and Other Stories, is also available for the Kindle at http://www.amazon.co.uk/Diamond-Lights-Other-Stories-ebook/dp/B00BEZPL1S/ref=sr_1_8?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1369939009&sr=1-8&keywords=diamond+lights  Same deal - any funds from the sale of that goes to the charity.
 
C)  I rarely, if ever, take paid commissions, but for the next three months if you wish to have a story written to request for a donation I will consider it.  Contact me privately to discuss.
 
I want to do what I can - I hope you will support this.
 
KP

No comments:

Post a Comment