Friday 22 July 2011

Are you sitting comfortably?

Then I'll begin. First, a short announcement - because of work commitments, there will be no update next week, but we will be back on Thursday 4th August.

Now, by way of introduction to our first new tale today, I have a guest blogger in the form of Doctor George.

"After the untimely death of my wife Gillian B in 2006 (she was only 51), and the closure of Restrained Tastes which had hosted her writing, her stories disappeared from view for several years. However, in 2009, KP contacted me with a view to writing a crossover story linking Gillian's La Cioccolata with his own character, The Cat. I agreed provided I could also stick my own oar into the process. The result was 'The Chocolate Cat'.

Since then KP has kindly provided a home not only for Gillian's previously published oeuvre of work, but also for a small number of previously unpublished stories, notably 'Occupational Hazards', which has provided a springing-off point for a new series of La Cioccolata tales. The subsequent new stories involving La Cioccolata either centrally or peripherally have been collaborations between KP and me to some extent or another, a collaboration which we both enjoy and which seems to have proved fruitful.

This week KP has provided space for a brand new story of La Cioccolata. The writing is mine, so the style is a little different to Gillian's but is hopefully in the same spirit. 'What's in a Name?' picks up on past events referred to in 'The Netterton Jewels' and previously hinted at in an earlier collaboration between KP and me, 'Crossed Wires'.

I hope that it's as much fun to read as it was to write.

Doctor George"

My thanks to the good Doctor. I would only add this is a story I've anticipated for some time, in that it finally answers a question that I have had for some time - how did Coco get her name of La Cioccolata? We've been seeding this for some time, and now the truth can be told.


Now, what else? How about a new tale of Jayes and Barty in Jayes and The Wrong Hostage? I hope you enjoy this as well.

One of the more popular stories of recent weeks has been Sara Gets Dolled Up, and I think it's time we had another tale of Sara Philips, Girl Detective. Please welcome Golavus to our Contributors section with Sara At The Races.

Finally, I am also honoured to welcome another new contributor - Charles Spencer, whom some of you may be familiar with from other sources. He has offered to provide slightly amended versions of his tales here, starting with Randi's Rueful Idea. If you enjoy it, let us know.

I will see you all in two weeks time.

KP

No comments:

Post a Comment