Monday 14 December 2009

Good Morning - I have a tale to tell...

I have one new story for you today, but before I give you the link, please, sit back and relax – I have a story to tell…

It’s just over two years now since I first put finger to keyboard and started to write the two stories that became Like Mother, Like Daughter and Goose Fair. That was to allow entry to a Yahoo group, and in January 2008 I started KP’s DiDs, the first of what was to be three yahoo groups where I made my little tales more widely available. In November 2008 the first version of KP Presents was launched, before moving to the current home in April 2009.

As those of you who have been here since that time will know, I have always acknowledged the support of Joe and Dominique, the group owners who first allowed me to post my stories. Some of the subsequent tales have percolated in my mind for many years. For example, you do not want to know how long the tale that became Saturday Morning Sparkle sat up there, going through various iterations. Others have been inspired by one or two photos. Throughout, however, the works of two authors now sadly no longer with us have been in the back of my mind.

One of those was Captive Penny, while the other was Gillian B. I came across both at the same time, Penny at her site and Gillian through her posts on Canuck’s original board. In Gillian’s case, I then came across her stories at the Restrained Tastes site, and immersed myself in her world. The passing of both was a sad day, and they are both missed. Indeed, as some of you will remember, the Yahoo groups were dedicated to the memory of Gillian B.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago, and I contacted Gillian’s family to ask permission to write one of her characters in one of my stories. They were open to the idea, and for some time now I have been working on a story that would reflect the styles of both Gillian and me. As is right and proper, they have been involved throughout the process and given the right to refuse to allow the story to be published if they were unhappy.


I am pleased to say that they are very happy with the result.

Ladies and Gentlemen, KP Presents is humbled and proud to present The Chocolate Cat, a tale of the time John Jacobs, aka The Cat, meets a lady named Colette, Coco to her friends, and known internationally to law enforcement officers as La Cioccolata. The Chocolate Cat appears here with the full blessing and approval of the family of Gillian B, and I thank them for their support in this.

For those who were fans, friends and readers of the tales of Gillian, I hope that you enjoy this extension to her story.

In fact, I have one further announcement to make. Starting on Thursday, I am pleased to announce that the tales of La Cioccolata will appear here in their own section, starting with the original tales from Restrained Tastes and eventually presenting some unpublished work. Again, this is happening with the permission of Gillian’s family.

For now, enjoy the new tale, and I will see you on Thursday.

KP

No comments:

Post a Comment