Friday 9 November 2012

Remember

Long time readers will be aware that, at this time every year, I invite you on the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month to pause for two minutes, and pay honour to those who gave the supreme sacrifice, so that we could have the freedoms we all enjoy today.  As we saw this year the last few survivors of the Great War pass away, and those who served in World War Two grow ever fewer, I wish to pay tribute to them, and those who continue to serve their country, where ever they are.

Last year we presented a very special story to mark the occasion, called Remember Them, and I make no apologies for pointing you in that direction again.

I also would recommend to you two stories, one set in Wartime Scotland called Over The Sea, and a second called The Return Home, both to honour the role played by women in the conflict.  It's also a good time to mention I'm starting to pull together a collection of WABAC machine tales for an eBook, so if you have any favourites, you know what to do.

I also have one new story, a little late for Guy Fawkes Night, but it does mark the return of the women in grey and white on a Bright Night.

Next week, God willing, a very special request story.  Until then, pay homage, and I remain,

KP

No comments:

Post a Comment