Thursday 27 August 2009

Straying into strange areas....

I offer three tales today, that in their ways go up against some of the boundaries I set for myself. Let me explain...

When it comes to tales of the Family of Crime, you expect a bit more of a physical meance and threat than with, say, The Gentlemen Robbers. In House Call, we focus on the men of the Family, who are joined by Uncle as they gather "collateral" for some business.

We also offer a tale of the Sporting Life called Match Tied, where the assailants are perhaps not the most friendly of people.

Finally, one of my cardinal rules in my stories is that children are not placed in peril as such. If we are being honest, however, criminals do occasionally deal with children, and it may be that should be reflected in some way in these tales. For that reason, today The Cat offers some tales of how he dealt with children in his profession in Cat In The Cradle. I state here - no children are actually harmed, but do let me know if this is a step too far and the story will be amended in a suitable manner.

You'll know which part I'm talking about when you read it.

KP

No comments:

Post a Comment